GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, May 2, 2011

All is good in Tucuru!!


I don’t really have any pics of the new area but those will come soon. Here is just a couple from the last few days in Santo Domingo.
HEY!!!
Ha you write it like this....Ma sa sa' laa ch'ool inyum? I will tell you how to say it when I call you. (I asked him how to say "Hello my son." I often wrote it to him in spanish, but now I know how to say it in Qeqchi too!)

I plan on calling you guys during the week, probably on Friday, to get it all figured out and so that you will have my number to call me. Sound good? Cuz we still don’t know what’s gonna happen since there are 4 of us living in the same house. But we will figure it out!

I really like my new area of Tucuru. There is more Spanish than I am used to, so that will be a little bit of an adjustment for me, but other than that, all is good! The Spanish to Q'eqchi' ratio is probably about 55 / 45 respectively. And the people are so much nicer here as well!! Our branch is good. It’s a lot better than Santo Domingo and the members are really willing to help us out so I am excited to have some help! Tucuru has a city and some bordering hills and stuff. The mountainy parts aren’t like Santo Domingo but I will still be able to experience some hiking and things like that.

Our living conditions are rather cramped because there are 4 of us elders here, but there isn’t another bigger house in our area. My companion is Elder Ethan Olson. He is from Tennessee and he has 13 months in the mission. He was in Senahú earlier but was taken out, so I am reteaching him Q'eqchi'. So far it’s going good together. We haven’t really divided the area so we haven’t had too much time just working on our own, but things will be good.

I am the District Leader.

Does Allison have to use my phone? I really wanted that phone when I get back...it's my favorite phone! I guess it’s ok....kinda.

We saw in the paper today about Bin Laden at a tienda, but the details weren't that great. That is super sick! What a great victory for the USA!!!! The war is not over I'm guessing, but we won a pretty large battle!

Mack X is a pretty sick name (sick = awesome)! It's crazy how many cousins I am going to see for the first time when I get home!

Mom, I got one of your letters and I wrote you back and sent it awhile ago but it really takes a super long time to send letters from out here. I am sending another package tomorrow for Grandma to take home when the Zone Leaders go to the Capital. So I hope you get that. There should already be at least 3 in the office already. 4 in total, the last one has my quad in it and a cd of pics. The others have souvenirs and things like that. One of them you can’t open because I know the stuff will be really used when I get home, and I kinda want it...haha. Hopefully I will get those packages from you soon.

Right now we have an office-like cell phone thing. But I am supposed to be getting a cell phone this Friday at a District Leader meeting with the Zone Leaders so I will figure it out and let you know when I call you on Friday. Sound good? Ok good.

Well I don’t want to make this too long so that we can have a good talk on Sunday. So I will talk to you all then! I am so excited! Can’t wait!!!
Have a great week!
LOVE YOU ALL
Keep the Faith Stay Strong
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment