GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Time just seems like it doesn’t exist when you are working hard out here


(Elders Smith, Olson, Parry, and Dilworth)
Hey there all you people!
It was just fantastic to be able to talk to you all yesterday. It made home seem a lot more real and a lot less far off. It was great being able to replace in my mind that all you guys still actually exist! Ha ha! There is a big break between now and the next call, but time is going to fly by so fast, at least for me. Time just seems like it doesn’t exist when you are working hard out here.

I am grateful for the gospel too and how we can be together forever. We found a lady named Laura and we taught her a little bit about that great blessing of this gospel. Our next visit she had many questions. Such as, how we know that such a blessing exists and what else happens after we die, and she also had questions about Joseph Smith. I was on a division for that lesson, but she seems still really interested to learn more. Her husband works a lot but we are working to be able to teach him too. She said that she told him about what we had said and he is really interested as well. It’s going to be hard to get them to church because of how much he works, but luckily they live practically across the street from the church, so I can’t wait to teach them this upcoming week and see what happens!!

Yeah I just feel like accounting would be good for me. I really liked it in high school, it’s a good economically safe job, and a degree in it from BYU will be even better. So hopefully all will work well with that. I could even work under dad or something one day and then take his spot when he is old, wrinkly and retired! So I better finish school up fast huh??!! Haha just kidding Dad.

I am lucky to be your son Mom! Thanks for everything. I know you have raised me up right! All the little fights that I had with you were just me being a dumb little kid. I know that everything you have ever done for me has been for my betterment. You rock my socks Mom!

I don’t even know how I can repay the Lord for all of the blessings that He has given to me in my life. I recognize them more and more every day. I am grateful for all of you and always supporting me in everything that I have done. I am having a great time out here and I hope you are all having fun back at home as well! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love you!!!
Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment