GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Moving, leaves, and pouring rain!

Hey there!
Yeah I can’t wait for this change. We are moving everything off the mountain tomorrow morning. We hired a truck to help us take it all down in the morning. We won't know where we are going or who our comps are until Wednesday at around 10:30a.m. So we shall see what happens with that.

Turek is going to the cap...That is really the only change we know. So I won’t be with him. But I hope that Tanner and I stay together and that we go to Sacsuha 2 where Fast is and we can get some good work done! It would be really fun as well.

I don’t know where Fast is going to college. It depends on where his future wife wants to go to school. But rooming with him would be ideal! If not, I wouldn’t mind living with Jake. That would be fun too! He could go to UVU, but who knows where he is going to get his golf scholarship from. So I guess we shall see about all that. Plus it’s still a fairly long ways away!

We didn't celebrate Easter. We totally forgot about it too so I forgive you Mom for forgetting it over there. I didn't even know it was Easter yesterday until Turek told me today. But you just kind of lose track of time and things like that out here I guess. The people don’t really do anything here for Easter. We asked everyone in every visit we did this week and they just said that they are resting. Semana Santa is really nothing up here. It’s just the week before they start clearing their fields and planting their corn.

To answer your question: ...... When we are at the church we use toilet paper. It is the only bathroom up in our whole area. So when we are out working, it's up in some bushes with some leaves. You gotta do what you gotta do I guess right?

For P days lately we have just been hanging out and we have played 2 hand touch football! Its super fun!!! It’s the only sport we can play here so we play it as long as we can usually. I love it!

A story kind of like yours, Dad, happened with me too in Sayaxchè. A lady got baptized that me and Toolson first found after I got transferred. Her name was Esperanza. It wasn’t quite as big of a change that you experienced with Daniel. That is truly amazing. I can’t wait to be able to find an investigator who wants to change his/her life to have the truth in their lives. It’s truly amazing how the Lord prepares people for us to find.

Thank you Dad for your example and for always helping me out in the rough times out here. You are my hero and a person I want to grow up to be like. I am grateful beyond expression to have you as a father.

Something that I do or see that I don’t at home?. . . EVERYTHING! There is not one thing like home here. We ride up the mountain hanging on the back of a pickup truck. The other day there were 29 people in the bed of the pickup we were on. And there are many other crazy things I see that should probably not be mentioned on email. But don’t worry. None of those ones are endangering to me.

On Saturday we were coming down from Actela (about an hour and a half walk). It started pouring!!! And I mean POURING!! I have never been in or seen a rain storm like that one. We got SOAKED! I had my big rubber boots on so that my feet wouldn’t get wet because it has been raining all week. But by the time I got back to the church the boots were filled with water just above my ankles, it was crazy! And then the church roof was leaking!! And the entrance and the sacrament hall were filled with water!! It was like ankle deep! So we got out garbage cans and stuff to be able to catch the water and then we had to clean it all up for the next day. It was super crazy!! But that is about all that happened besides saying goodbye to people. It was hard to say goodbye to 2 of the member families but I'm sure I will see them again at a conference or something.

Have a great week everyone! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love Elder Jordan Smith

1 comment:

  1. I just love Jordan's attitude! One more thing we take for granted ~ toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete