GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I like teaching in Q'eqchi' more than Spanish now

HEY THERE!
You have probably heard what happened in Peten. Super sad. 27 dead in a chainsaw massacre. Super disgusting. President Torres told us about it and also said that this world will keep getting worse and worse until His 2nd coming. It really is getting bad out here these days. But I know that if we stick to the principles of the Gospel we will be safe and protected from any harm!

The members feed us tons more here! This place is really close to Coban so we get some good stuff sometimes. Its great! I haven't eaten anything too weird here. It's a lot more tranquilo with weird things to eat. I haven't even had q'em ha' yet. That corn dough drink I told you about.

We had a really good lesson with this family of 8 last week. We found them and started teaching them. They seem super amazing! We taught them lesson 1 and one of the family members was super interested and cried when I recited the first vision. They are super nice and great. It's going to be hard to get them to go to church Ii think, but if they can go, they will be baptized. They are pure Q'eqchi' as well. That is also really fun for me. I like teaching in Q'eqchi' more than Spanish now.

I was able to get the 2 other packages! They are amazing! Thank you sooo much!

Allison, nice work on finishing up your Personal Progress and getting your medallion! So you got your first cell phone? What kind of phone is it? Do you like it? You are big now, weird. Yes the time is going by really fast for me too. It never stops flying by faster and faster! Its crazy!

Well everything is going good over here. We are just working hard and just trying to keep finding new people! We also have a ward mission leader! Something I haven't had in a really long time! So we are working with him to figure out some schedules so that we can have members leave with us every day of the week. I hope we will be able to find lots of success with that! Well that's all for now. Sorry that this email is really short, but I hope you enjoy all the pictures! I love you all and have a fantastic week!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love Elder Jordan Smith

Pictures from Zone Conference:

Last real interview with President Torres


Chillin with my homies: Above Elder Jared Fadel
Below: Elder Tayler Larsen


Pictures of my new home....Tucuru



No comments:

Post a Comment