GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Lord works with each one of us and molds us into the person we should be

Sup poopy pants! Haha
It has been going pretty good this week. My health is improving, I think. Not quite 100% yet, but I am getting there....I just hope that the cold at home doesn’t do me in when I get there. I’m done with all my prescriptions for now. I am just left with some nasal spray that I will be spraying up my nostrils for a month after I am home!

Well I am pretty sure the authorization went through for Fam. Can Tun. We called the lawyer, with our borrowed phone that we no longer have and he told us that Ernesto just needed to go in and sign something and than after, it is just the wait. So hopefully it all works out in time. I really don’t know how long it is going to take after being signed, but it better be this week. If not.....the next. But be praying extra hard. We have already seen the miracle that God gave us with that paper working out well from the Capital, so we shall see how all that goes these next few days...

Adolfo has kind of retrogressed a little this week. We had zone conference this week and since we didnt think that taking a few extra aspirins every now and then was against the Word of Wisdom, we asked President and we were right. So we then told that to Adolfo and that plus other things he got mad because we insisted him to be baptized. He had told us that that was the only thing that stopped him from being baptized. So why not get baptized right? But then he came up with a bunch of random things that really aren't that important....But we think there could be something wrong with him, like mentally. He is 52 and lives alone, and randomly lies, thinking that those lies are truth, it's weird. But we are still trying to help him the best we can. But it is hard sometimes because he says he doesn’t like it when we invite him to do something and he accepts and then doesn’t do it, that we get sad, and push him harder to do it. We told him that that is our job, but he doesn’t understand. He still has a fecha, but if he doesn’t start showing some initiative we might be forced to drop him. We will see what happens this next week.

That blows my mind that both of those little wieners are going to the same date dance. Allison isn’t even supposed to like boys yet!! Neither Jake nor Allison were even dating when I left. Super WEIRD!!! That will take a little bit to get used too.

Ha it is crazy that you guys know and have all those guys from my mission over at the house so much.

Hmm I will have to think about rooming in that house for Fall with Caleb and Tanner. I will let them know when I get home I think, so that I can talk around with more guys from the mish, and work it all out. Not too sure what I wanna do yet. But it sounds like it would be fun, especially with that many people living in the same house.

Well, let’s see…. Our house is really small, but I like it. It is just a small room with a weird wooden divider in the middle. I have pictures, but it will just be easier to show you when I get home. And we had the worst beds ever!!!! It took hours for us to fall asleep on those stupid things! But we just got new beds on Friday and they are freakin heaven!!! I fall asleep so fast!! It is so great!! And it is not THAT hot. It’s hot, but it isn’t as hot as how it was last time I was in Petén. The coldest it gets is like 80 degrees and goes up to like 90 in the day time. So it's not that bad.

My mission has flown by for sure for me. It really doesn’t feel that my time is almost up here in Guatland. But I am ready. I have worked hard, and will continue to work as hard as my health allows until the end, but it is time for me to move on with the other things in my life and keep on the line of eternal progression ya know?

The mission truly has changed my life. I have noticed how I was in the past and am grateful to the Lord for allowing me to change some things that were bad and keep the things that were good. I pray to be able to always be able to keep improving and being able to apply the many things that I have learned out here.

Yeah, Jake is a great kid, and he is definitely a better kid than I was before the mission. So I know that he will be a great missionary. The Lord has a plan for each one of us, even if it is all in different ways. He works with each one of us and molds us into the person we should be.

Well it is nuts that my time here is wrapping up, but it's not over till it's over right?! I will see you soon! Well keep praying that our baptisms work out!!! Have a great week! See you guys soon!!
Stay Strong.
Keep the Faith.
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment