GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, January 9, 2012

At least the hospital had Air Conditioning!! That was nice...

Hey Everyone!
Thanks so much for all the encouragement and prayers from back home!

Well first off, the reason I didn't tell Sister Watts that I was in the hospital was because we don’t have a phone. Second, I was able to borrow a member's phone and made calls to the Zone Leaderss and the mission nurses, it's not my fault they didn't call Hna Watts.....haha. But all of that doesn’t really matter too much now....

All I know is that I am kind of sick and tired of being sick all of the time! I don’t know how long it is going to take for me to recover from Pneumonia, but I just hope that it passes by fast. It stinks, I can’t even walk for a long time without feeling short of breath. I wanted to really work hard this last change to finish off my mission like I am supposed to. And now I can’t..... I am so done being sick. I am going to be reading and studying the scriptures a lot to find answers and to try and stay focused It worked for me last time I was sick. I hope I figure out what I am supposed to learn from all this. Everything always happens for a reason, I just have to figure out what that reason is.

One thing I do know that I have learned through all the junk that I already went through is to just trust in the Lord. I know that I am in His hands and everything will work out just the way He wants it to. So I am just fine with that....And at least the hospital had Air Conditioning!! That was nice...

Now I am trying to rest. I end up with headaches and body aches from lying down and doing nothing for such a long time though. Yeah, I will try not to push myself too much. I will be trying my best to balance working and resting. Right now, I just want to be healthy again. No, the dr didn’t tell me how long it will be until I should feel better. She really didn’t tell me anything. But I am taking 3 different meds. One for 5 days, one for 15 days, and another for 2 months. I will be home before all that is done with.

We weren’t really able to work all week. But my comp is the man, so that is a good thing! He is being really patient about us not being able to go out and work like usual, so that is really good. At least we will get along great having to stay all cooped up more than normal. But it is going to be really hard to press things forward with the investigators that we have. Hopefully we will be able to do everything efficiently with the small time we have to work now. Nothing yet on the papers for the Fam. Can Tun, hopefully this week.
All is in the Lord's hands.
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment