GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I have had 8 areas and 17 companions so far

(Note from Mom: Stay tuned for some great pictures coming soon! I just need to download them from a disc that we got for Christmas!!)
Chaab'il Ak Chihab' choq' eereech!!(Happy New Year to you all!)
WHOO 2012!!! Ha I bet it is going to be crazy here in December next year since the Mayans are from here! I am glad that I won’t be here for that time. It could probably get dangerous!! Ha well more than it already is I guess...

When I read that second sentence...ha you made me giggle. Thanks for the giggle you goofy mom you! Haha!

I’m glad you all liked the gifts that I got you all! Wanna know the funny thing about those shoes I sent home? I only used them for like a year total. My other 2 pairs of shoes are almost as worse, one of them might be worse....I will bring them home and we shall compare!

It was way too cold there on New Year's Eve huh? I still sweat like a chucho every day here! I don’t think I am going to survive once I get back home!

WHOA! That is insane that my Homecoming is already scheduled. I better start thinking of what to talk about!! That would be super legit if we could sing that song....

Interviews/Training with President: On Tuesday, we did a little service project at an Old Folks Home. There were 2 old people that spoke Q'eqchi' so that was fun for me and kinda funny too because the old lady that spoke Q'eqchi' kept swearing haha. And then we went and ate lunch, and then.....WATCHED A MOVIE!!!!! WITH PRESIDENT!!!!!! It was the movie Entangled! It was sooo good! I don’t know if it was good just cuz I haven’t seen a movie in so long or something, but I thought it was a good movie. And then on Wednesday we had interviews.

We are still working with the papers for Fam Can Tun. But Adolfo is really close!! He read the Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith and could feel from what he read that he was truly a prophet of God. There is still something that is holding him back from being baptized, but it's something small I think, especially now that he has a testimony! He came to church yesterday too! I think he will be baptized soon. I really hope I will be able to baptize Fam Can Tun this last change too....PS I don’t have a change but my companion does...so hopefully I will be able to work well and united with my next/last companion...Crazy thing....I have had 8 areas and 17 companions in total...there are 16 changes. That is a lot more of both of those things than normal, but I have definitely learned lots from all those different experiences!

Just a little note from last Pday....we played soccer against the Policeman from here in Santa Elena. A couple of the cops that were on duty came and watched, holding their big ol machine guns.....haha. And...We won! WHOOP!

I’m going to end my letters each week of my last change with my testimony about a different gospel topic. I guess I should probably do it in English though, huh?
I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that by him, through him, and of him we are able to return into the presence of our Father in Heaven IF we do our part. This means, if we repent, and do everything we possibly can to follow him and his example. I know that he knows our sufferings to perfection and is willing to help us in every moment of trial that we have if are willing to be patient and humble ourselves and really put our trust in God's plan for us. I am grateful for him, and I can’t wait to be able to call him King when he is on the earth once again...

Stay Strong
Keep the faith
Love Elder Jordan Smith

1 comment: