GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I was scared out of my mind

Què hòndas don pingüiino??
I am doing quite well actually! Last week I was only in pain for a few minutes every day. This week, even less! So I am improving! Maybe I will be able to be sent back out to the Chik again sometime soon. At least I hope so anyways.

I kind of did a division with Elder Mays....It was a while ago when I was still really sick. I pretty much just stayed in the house with his companion in the morning and then with him in the afternoon. That was about the extent of that 'division' though.

Ha that's sweet about Jake. It is a little different from what I did with licorice when I went to EFY. We had a good red vine war though! Haha. (Jake stuck licorice in the peep hole so they wouldn't see that their lights were on after hours so they could have extra time to study the scriptures and write in their journals). How many people did he meet that were from outside of the U.S.? That’s super crazy! Everyone in my group was pretty much all from Utah when I went. I even saw some of them at college. At least there is facebook now right? So he can at least stay touch in some way.

That's really neat that Bro. Lemmon said that about me. I don’t feel that way. I don’t know, I just feel like I am doing what I am supposed to do. I love it out here. Yeah I have had a lot of hard times, but the Sons of Mosiah had it worse. I am just happy to be out here and not having to come home early like I almost had to do. Hey what mission in Argentina did Michael go to again? One of the office elders is from there....

To answer a couple of your questions:
1. My companions are good. We are really just one big companionship. I get along with them good but we really don’t have anything in common. I have a lot more things in common with the AP's so that is super fun. But we all get along and it’s all fun and dandy.
2. Marti is in Zona 2 and it is about 35 minutes from the office by taxi in the morning.
3. Yeah we go to district meetings, but I still don’t know about zone conferences though. We are normal missionaries, we just work in the office.

Familia Gil has kinda stalled and they don’t show too many signs of progression. Luckily, we are teaching some other great people! We are teaching 2 other families, Familia Aviche and Familia Vega. They are AWESOME! Honestly I have never had investigators like there are here in this area. THEY KNOW HOW TO READ! THEY UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS THAT WE TEACH! It’s crazy! We put a fecha with the Familia Vega. They are just so sweet! And then Familia Aviche is super close to a fecha as well. We will probably be able to put it next week! And we are also teaching the sister in law of our mission leader....which is another thing.....MY FIRST MISSION LEADER! She also accepted a fecha!!! We are planning to have those baptisms all in August!!! I haven’t had a fecha since JANUARY! So it is a really good feeling to be able to finally find some success!!!!!

I have only driven once so far. But let me tell you. . . It was so sick!! It is just like riding a bike. It wasn’t scary really at all. Ok that’s a lie----- I was scared out of my mind for like 5 minutes! But after that, it was super sweet and tranquilo! I loved it! Can't wait til I get to drive again!!

In the office we pick up the mail, we send the mail, we prepare stuff for changes and I have been busy correcting some spelling mistakes in some pamphlets and the Grammar Book in Q'eqchi'. Just random stuff like that. It really isn’t that exciting, but it’s good.

There are a few reasons why I haven’t sent pictures...1) I haven’t taken any because there isn’t anything to take pictures of. 2) I lost my camera cord, so I can’t upload anything to the computer. I will take some pics of the office and the house I guess. But other than that, there really isn’t too much to take pictures of! And since we really only work in the area at night, I can’t really take pictures because I don’t feel like getting my camera jacked! Ha which reminds me....A drunk guy tried to rob my comp the other night. It was kinda funny. But that resulted in the drunk guy just looking dumb and walking away with nothing. Good times in the capital!

The work is going well, even though there is only short amounts of it. And I am feeling better! I love you guys and I hope you all have a fantastic week! Talk to you all later!
Stay Strong.
Keep the Faith.
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment