GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I am now an office elder

Heylo!
First off, Happy Birthday this week pops!! You will be 43! You old fart you! Haha jk I love you.

Well here I am writing on Saturday. A little bit of a change than writing on Mondays but it looks like I am going to have to get used to it...hint hint... I am now an office elder...kind of. Changes haven't officially happened but I am going to be here in the office as a Pouchero/Secretary. So my emails for the next long time will be on Saturdays! My area is called Martí. I will definitely be missing Polochik and speaking Q'eqchi' and being amongst those humble people. But I know the Lord has something in store for me here. I honestly felt from the start of my mission that I was to come into the office. When I was sent to Polochik I was really kind of confused. And now that I am here, I know that my mission has been how the Lord has wanted it all along!

I didn’t get the prescription earlier because I wanted to see if I could handle it or if it would slowly start going away by itself. But that didn’t really work out too well...But yesterday I finally got the prescription because I haven’t been able to get a hold of the doctor. So I am going to pick it all up today and we shall see how it goes. It hasn’t been too bad the last couple days, but some days are worse than others. But I think the medicine will help me get back to normall!

This morning started out as a good P day. We went to the mission home with President and Hna. Watts. It was sooo good! Just a nice classic American breakfast! WITH REAL MILK! It has been such a long time since I have had something besides powdered milk! It was delicious! Elder Davis and I just attacked that thing and finished all the milk between us. It was soo good! Ha the food was really good too. I could get used to being in the office ;) I really love President and Hna. Watts they are just so fantastic and loving!

I am glad you were able to talk to Elder Rodriguez! He was a great companion and I really love that guy!

What is Jake shooting these days? That’s really cool how great they are doing. If they can’t take state they will make it to the tourney and do well. That will definitely get some colleges to look at him. I am pretty dang sure that that kid will be golfing in college. That sounds good for Lehi football. What classification is Copper Hills? Even if they can win a few games this year it will be way better than before. What is the new coach's name and where did he coach before? I am really thinking of trying to be an assistant coach for Lehi the season after I get home. I think it would just be super fun. I just don’t know how I could balance school with that. And if it would pay me enough and stuff like that. But I really do have a desire to do some coaching...what do you think?

I hope you all have fun watching Harry Potter without me. You are soo lucky. I saw a billboard for that last movie just the other day! I want to see it soo bad. But I will see it in just a little bit less than 7 months so it will be all ok!

I hope you all have a great rest of the week as well! I will talk to you all next week! I am sorry in advance if my emails get boring. There just won’t be as many crazy stories and stuff like that, but I will do what I can! I love you all! Have a good one!

Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment