GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I can’t short change the Lord

Hey you all! What’s up?!
I actually have been feeling a lot better. I have only had about 15 - 20 minutes of pain every day, but it’s honestly not that bad and I have been able to work in my area too! Yay! I know the Lord has blessed me so much to be able to have the strength to be able to continue in this great work. Honestly it was really a tough decision to keep going after having been given the opportunity to go home after having so much time out here already and feeling so crappy everyday. But I can’t short change the Lord on this great work of His. I have to give all that I have until the end of the time that He has provided for me!!

I am actually in a trio companionship right now with Elder Caleb Francks, from Mt. Pleasant Utah he has 16 months and E. John Hogan he is from Vegas and has 1 year. We are the Mission Office secretaries that do everything except the finances. The Finance Office Elders are Elder Saavedra from Argentina and Elder Casey Spilker from St. George. They almost have a year. Elder Davis (One of the AP’s) has been out for 22 months I think. He goes home in October. He has been one of my good friends for awhile. He was in my zone when I first started out the mission. He is from Heber City.

My house now is WAY too nice. There are couches (weird), there is a water heater (super weird), and an oven (weirdest). IT’S CRAZY! The ward is sweet. There are a lot of people that can speak English. It is different than I am used to but it is good.

Nope, I never got the Ensign package...But I can’t wait for the other one to come! I will get it super fast now that I am the one who picks up the mail!

I have learned so much already from President Watts. Mainly to be genuine with people. He is super great and you can really feel the love he has for all of us. I love Everything about Hermana Watts. She is amazing.

Well being in the office I get like no time at all to study...But something great did happen today! WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE! I haven't been to the temple in 13 months!! It was so fantastic to feel that peace that the temple brings into us. And I also listened to it in Q'eqchi' which was super cool!! I really realized some different things listening to it in that language.

That’s super crazy about Allison getting the lead at the dance workshop in Florida. Ha she was just a little spaz when I left! But I guess she is quite good now! That is so great for her!!!

I have been trying to eat really healthy. I have been here for about a month now and haven’t gained a pound yet. I am just not as tan haha. But I try and eat salads and things like that too. I am also working out harder because we have weights and stuff so hopefully it will be alright and I won’t get all fat and what not from sitting in the office most of the day.

Everything is going good so far. My area consists of a regular ward again. My Spanish is better than I thought. I think I have forgotten some words, but my grammar is a little better. My Q'eqchi' will probably slowly get worse and worse, but I think I will always be able to remember some things and also the great experiences that I had and the things I learned while studying that great language. We are teaching this great family, Fam. Gil. They really have a desire to be baptized. The problem is (like pretty much everyone here) is that they are not married. And they are not sure about it. They at first thought they could be baptized without a marriage. So now they are just going to figure things out and let us know. They have been to church numerous times as well. So we are super close!! Just a little more praying and a little more work! We have some great possibilities coming our way. I think that I will finally see some success out here! :)

Well I think that is about it for this week! I love you all and hope for the best! Have a fabulous week!
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment