GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

This work is great and I love it!

HELLO!!!
Questions first:
I got your letter for Elder Allen this week in the mail. So did he just find your blog or something and write you to ask about the mission? When does he go out? I thought it was REALLY cool of you to take your time to give him some advice like an old seasoned missionary!
Ya that elder got his call to here and then googled the area and my blog came up. So he decided to write me. I’m not too experienced out here but it’s all good! I hope I could help him out a little bit.

So if your companion has a nickname, I’m assuming most missionaries have one. Have you been out long enough to have earned a nickname yet?
No I don’t have a nickname yet....I might get one soon though. Ha, nicknames aren’t really told to the elders that have them. So maybe I do. Ha who knows...?

What is your ward like? What things do you help with on Sundays at church?
It’s a really good ward. I don’t really know how to answer this sorry...But we kinda just bring people to church and things. Ha that’s our job

Tell us of some fun district/zone activities you have done lately?
We played capture the flag today..

Talk to us a little bit in Spanish.
Well I can’t just be commanded to talk in Spanish. Ha that’s kinda hard to do. Maybe write me in Spanish and I will respond, sound good?

Ok now for what I was going to write home this week....
The work is going really well! We have so many dates for baptism!!!
4-4-7! That means 4 families, 4 possible priesthood holders, and 7 people. I am really excited to see what happens with all of them.

Jared, the pastor’s son is really progressing well. In one of the lessons this week we talked to him about why he hasn’t prayed yet and things. Then we prayed with him during the lesson. Personal prayers on our knees. He said he hadn’t done that for years but it felt really good, he said. He is coming to church and is doing great. I hope he can get over the fear and know that this is the way that he needs to follow.

Heidy....
She has been doing so great until yesterday...
She had been progressing amazingly, but when we came to take her to church, she was all ready to go, and then José showed up. They talked for a sec and then Heidy said she would be at church in a few minutes. She never came. I really hope she didn’t make a wrong choice. We really need to work hard with her...

We found this great couple Estuardo and Elena. They are really young...22 and 17 respectively. Luckily they are married so we can baptize them. Their date is for the 10th of July. We have taught them twice, and they prayed like we challenged them too!!! They received an answer too! They are really wanting to learn more about this great gospel. I can’t wait to see what happens to them in the future. Who knows, a year from now they could be sealed in the Temple!!

There are many other people that we are working with too! Those are just some of the highlights. This work is great and I love it! We are finding so many great people out here!

I’m almost finished with the Bible...I will probably finish it up tomorrow during personal study...WHEE!

I’m understanding and speaking a lot more Spanish but it’s still a long ways away from being good enough, if that makes sense. But it’s getting there. So I like it.

The way pouch is being sent out now is really weird. I don’t know when I will get your letters, or more packages, or when I can send off my letters. So if it takes a while I’m sorry. Just know that I have written and I still love you.

I guess he doesn’t know that Father’s day is Sunday.
Dad, Well I don’t have time to read or respond to your letter right now. But know that I love you so much and Happy Father’s Day on Thursday!!! You are the best and I love you so much, thanks for everything you have taught me. You have helped me so much in my life and I am really grateful for it. I Love you.
Well thanks for everything! Until next week...
Stay strong
Keep the Faith
I LOVE YOU ALL
Elder Jordan Smith

1 comment:

  1. What? Father's Day is on Sunday? JK :)
    Tell him to keep up the good work, I'm impressed, he's almost done with the bible? That's pretty awesome...I'm almost twice his age and I can't claim that!

    ReplyDelete