GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, June 21, 2010

Baptism, packages and pancakes!

HI EVERYONE!!!
Yefry´s baptism went so great Saturday! I even got to baptize him!! My first one!! WHOOO! I don’t know about his family still. We are going to have to work really hard to get them to go to church.

Our investigators are doing great and we are finding so many more great people through the guidance of the Lord. We even had a couple invite us in to teach them this last Saturday!! And then they came to church! Turns out that the wife is a member and has been for 11 years but the husband doesn’t know. So I’m pretty sure we will end up baptizing him! He said he really liked church too.

Its so crazy how fast this change has gone. We have like 2 weeks left! I love it out here! It’s crazy to think that I have been out here over 4 months! I still have nearly 20 months to go though! I really can’t wait for all the experiences that I will have soon. Yes, Guatemala is good. It’s rained a lot lately which has cut down on the heat. So that has been great. I’m glad that there was another umbrella in that package cuz my 2nd one had just broken. There are a lot of storms and normal weeny umbrellas can’t take it.

There were a couple spiritual experiences that I had this week. One was when we were teaching José and Heidy. We were going to talk about the Commandments but I had a feeling during the prayer to talk about baptism. So we changed to baptism and it was perfect! José had so many questions, doubts, and just little thoughts about baptism. So it helped him so much. Ya José is back with Heidy. Bummer. But we will work really hard with them. They just came up with a lot of money so they are working on Heidy´s divorce and then their marriage.

The other great experience was when we dedicated a house of one of our investigators. They live in an apartment complex and they said that there were crazy ladies and people that did witchcraft and stuff like that. So we dedicated their house to protect it from all of that harm. The spirit was so strong!

Our other investigators are doing so great. Well, a lot of fechas (Baptismal dates) have dropped which is
disappointing, but we have found some great new people who are progressing really well. So I’m excited to see what happens with them. The future is looking really good.

Happy Fathers Day yesterday!!! Dad´s rule! I LOVE YOU DAD!!!!!

Dew sent me a letter.  He said he is doing great. And even though it’s hard, he is still pushing forward good and strong. Its awesome to see the change in his life. I am so so so happy for him.

(I told Jordan that I had visited with his CCM companion's mom at their home this week and that I was sure he would spend some time at their house someday.)
I for sure will be chillin with Elder Winkel so so much!

Thanks for all the packages!!! WHOOO! So stoked for all them. You guys rock! I love my hardback Book of Mormon the best, equal with the music. The music might be winning by a little tiny bit, but I really loved it all. Thanks! And thanks to grandma for bringing us delicious sweet bread! Ya grandma came to my church. HA! That rule breaker her...funny. I love her!! (More details about grandma’s visit in a following post because obviously Jordan didn’t  feel he needed to elaborate much ).

I actually haven’t had pizza in a while because it’s just a new rule we can’t go to Metro Norte anymore. It stinks but there is nothing we can really do about it. So I don’t get my pizza anymore. But today for our zone activity we made pancakes. LOTS OF THEM! Then we ate them. Ha! Great activity huh?

Well I love you all so much! Thanks for your amazing love and support!
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Elder Jordan Smith

3 comments:

  1. Yay! A baptism! And it sounds like a lot of other good things going on too, except for the deal with the pizza... that's a major staple for a missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He sounds so upbeat and positive, even in hard circumstances. Total bummer 'bout the pizza. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sounds like he's doing awesome!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete