GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Friday, February 19, 2010

A few more details from week 1

Here are some of the random thoughts, silly stories, and more details that Jordan wrote to Nicole this past week. Never thought this guy would write so many letters. All of them are short and sweet, but we love every single thing we get! I'll try to post more chronologically in the future.

Feb. 12, 2010
I had a little bit of free time this morning, so I thought I would write you a quick little something.
Waking up was hard today. I need a nap so bad. But none of that here I guess. The food here was supposed to be good... Its not. So don't worry, I won't be gaining much weight here. Plus we have gym time everyday for about an hour. Well I better get going. I have to get ready for a meeting :)

Feb. 14, 2010
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!
I saw Josh today! His companion is friends with my companion! Its crazy! Josh got 19 stitches in his knee from messing around! Its so crazy!

Well Sunday is nice! I made it! Ha it is quite relaxing. No class and then we have only 2 hours of church and a fireside, its nice. My district is fun! Oh. And great story. Ok so all of us that live in my room.. 4 elders... All decided to take a shower at the same time... There is like a giant bathroom with 8 or 9 separate showers... Anyways we all forgot our key and were locked out of our room in only towels. This random elder said he would go to the front desk and get us a spare. He came back and the spare didn't work. Then we sent someone else to get a spare. Then our Branch President shows up! It was so nuts! And we finally got back into our room 45 minutes later! It was so crazy! Estamos Desnudos! (We are naked!)

Feb. 16, 2010
I'm here just waiting for my laundry to get done. It has a half hour left so I thought I should write more! I don't know if I told you that my companion was shy at first but after the story I just told you about, he is pretty tight and not shy anymore.

I still don't know if I'm going down to the Guatemala MTC. The only way to be able to find out is if I get my travel plans this week or next week to go down there. I will definitely learn Spanish faster down there. I wish I could just know it ya know? So I can just start with my mission.

My teachers are good. Hermano Scott and Hermano Rivers taught a really good lesson last night and that we should be "Ser" missionaries and not "Estar" missionaries. In Spanish, "Ser" and "Estar" both mean to be "to be" but "Ser" is more of a definition and "Estar" is more temporary. So a "Ser" missionary, is a missionary who is one through and through, its who he is. An "Estar" missionary is one who acts like a missionary in front of people, but isn't really a missionary when by himself. I hope that makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Cute Letters!
    Sounds like he's working hard.
    That's too bad that he doesn't like the food, I've always heard good things about the food there.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete