GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"Bienvenidos Nuevos"

Week 1 Feb 10, 2010
Today was kind of a rough day. But I guess everyone's first day is. I am happy to be here though. I think I start learning Spanish tomorrow, I'm not sure. My companion is Elder McPhee. He's shy but he's a pretty cool guy.

We had a "Bienvenidos Nuevos" party and I met the Elders in my zone. They are crazy and fun so that will be nice. Most of them are leaving soon. My district has people going to Arcadia, CA. It's kinda crazy that I had no idea that place existed and then Josh (one of his good friends) is going there and then my district too. One Elder is from my ward at BYU. Elder Welch. He is going to Arcadia too.

I sure hope I will be able to get this language thing down so I can teach it. The food schedule stinks. Breakfast at 7:00, Lunch at 11:30, Dinner at 4:30. So please send snacks because I'm already starving.

Well, I better go. It's getting late. Give my love to Dad!

-Elder Smith

Jake,
I love you bro and I want you to know that even though I might be far away that you can talk to me about anything alright? I love you man. Keep up the good work in school and keep up your practice in basketball and golf.
Love,
Elder Jordan Smith

Allison,
Hey Baby Sis!
I hope your birthday was a good one. Don't miss me and focus on what matters most. I bug you but I sure do love you. Better not be liking too many boys. Anyways, til next time....
I love you,
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment