GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

We had an American Thanksgiving!


BUEEENOOOO!!! (greeting to contact a house, to say hi)

That is so sick that you got to see Fast! I am jealous! He is the man. He really was an amazing missionary and a just a great guy. Love that kid! Stinks that the other speaker left him no time and he couldn’t really give his talk at his homecoming. Stupid guy. That is super crazy though that he is going to come to Utah to go to school, and even crazier that he is going to be living with us! That is pretty sick, not gonna lie!!! And I think that will definitely be a help to me to have him around and not have as much companion separation anxiety, Ha ha.

News Response:
No way!!! Cat is engaged! Do you know the name of the person? I doubt I know who it is, but that is just crazy! Sweet though! Tell her congrats for me!
Toni is going on a mission huh?! WOW! I can honestly say that I never saw that coming. But super cool and pilas of her to be doing that!
That is pretty sweet that you got to meet that Peter Mourick guy. That is like saying that you have a mutual connection to the Prophet!! Lucky!!! (napoleon dynamite voice) haha

I loved that story about Ezra. Especially since it was just a little holiday like Veterans day. Don’t tell him about Martin Luther King Jr Day and Columbus Day, there are practically holidays every day! I will so kidnap him one day though and play games with him all day…and not on a holiday!

Well this week was pretty successful! We had as many news (new investigators) and lessons with a member this week than the other 4 weeks combined this whole change! It was good to actually get a little help and to find a few more cool people.

We had to change one of our fechas from this week to the next. But David is definitely getting baptized this week! I am super excited for that one! And then Selvin has a few challenges to overcome. His wife doesn’t really want him to be baptized, but he knows he needs to, and he has a great desire to be baptized as well because he knows that this church is true. He called us this morning about all of it. We will be praying a lot to figure out how to best help him. We want what is best for him, but we don’t want to tear the family apart either. So we shall see how that goes. We have a cita with him tomorrow.

I also finished the Book of Mormon this last week! I began 6 weeks ago! I finished it on 11/11/11. That makes it the 4th time that I have read it on my mission. And I am still understanding new things that I didn’t see beforehand. Super sweet. I just started reading the Old Testament again. I hope to finish it before I go home.

Today for pday we had a pretty sweet zone activity! WE HAD AN AMERICAN THANKSGIVING! With stuffing, potatoes, turkey, pies, rolls, and everything! It was sweet! Especially since for last thanksgiving I ate some beans in a can with a bag of chips! So big of a difference, but so nice.

I will try and send some pics soon! Sorry that I have been kind of lazy with that.
Well that is all for this week. I hope you all have a great week and I will talk to you all soon!

Stay Strong.
Keep the Faith.
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment