GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, November 7, 2011

There is always stuff we need to work on

Hey there peeps!!
That’s sick about your job Mom. It worked out just perfectly! What an amazing blessing that must have been!

That’s good that grandma will be here the 20th. Because changes are on the 22nd and I will be able to send you guys your Christmas presents home with her! That's what the money that I took out of my account was for by the way. . . Christmas presents for you mom, Dad, Jake, and Allison I will need to pull out that same amount again to finish it all off. Oh and I'm gonna need some travel money when that day comes because I can almost guarantee that my suitcases will be overweight. I have about 104 ties right about now too! I will be coming home with lots of those, but not all of them. But I’m planning on my suitcases to be a little bit pesaditas!

That’s sweet that Carlos and Julie had another baby. AH!!!!! There are sooo many new cousins of mine that have been born since I’ve left....it is gonna take me a little while just to get all of their names down!

Well, working on the 1st and 2nd this past week were just horrible. And then yesterday they had the final elections for the new president here, so no one was home! It was really lame. We ended up just walking forever to find someone out in the streets at least. Lame sauce. But we did have a good lunch with some members for Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) on the 1st. We ate Fiambre. Practically the same thing that Tia Carmen made for us that one time. It was pretty good I guess. Lots of beets and lots of gross sausages, but it wasn’t too bad. The members that we ate with are really cool though, so it all made up for it.

Well our investigators are doing great! Selvin and David are both on track for their baptisms on the 19th! But the only problem is, we haven’t found anybody more besides them. So I’m not sure what we are going to do when they get baptized. We shall see I guess!

This last week hit the day of 2 years since I got my mission call. Crazy!! Last year I was in Sayaxchè with Elder Toolson and we had a baptism! The year before, opening my call at BYU. So weird to think how fast the time flies.

In reply to Dad’s email:
Sup Father Face!
That would be nuts if BYU played Utah again in the infamous Vegas Bowl! If they do, they better win! But are you serious about the NBA Season?! That is insane that they haven’t solved all that crap! Super lame! At least the NFL is on. I wonder if I will make it back for the superbowl or not. I doubt it, but I will just watch it later anyways, so it doesn’t matter I guess.

I really liked all that stuff you learned about in Stake Conference. Yes, there is always stuff we need to work on. It’s kind of been a weight on me, and super annoying about some of the people here. When they hear a talk that says anything about our needing to improve, they immediately take it offensively and think that it’s just cincho. It’s just the attitude/culture here I guess. It’s not everyone, but mostly. I love it here, don’t get me wrong. But certain things get old after a while if you know what I mean...

My health is great! My knee is just fine, and the meds I was on for my weird pains, well I was slowly weaning myself off of them, but I have since run out of them... But I am really doing fine, not even any signs of stress, or weird pains at all. So it’s all good!!

Well I really wish that I had more to write, but this week was kind of a lame week. Next week will be better though. I love you guys and have a fantabulous next week!
Stay Strong.
Keep the Faith.
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment