GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, April 18, 2011

Raising the voice of warning

(Sorry this is last week's letter and pictures. We were out of town and I didn't get to it until now. So today will be a two-fer! Our email for this week should be here in a couple hours!----Leslie)HEY THERE!! I really have been blessed with good companions and the best districts!! It’s been amazing! Elder Tanner is not sick anymore, so no more worries about that! I am 99% sure that I will be here in the Chik for the rest of my mission. And I definitely don’t ever want to leave it, unless it is the last change of my mission and I go back to Atlántida.

There is seminary every single day in the church’s sacrament hall, so we have to move our mattresses back, but it hasn’t been too bad at night, just that one week that was just unbearable heat. And we got a fan now too because we just had Zone Conference in Senahu, and they brought it up for us. So that is going to be fantastic for the next week and a half.....They are most likely going to close Santo Domingo. They are closing tons of areas here in the Chik and Senahú. Its going to be crazy to see what all happens this next change. It would be nice if Elder Tanner and I could stay together though. They are opening areas in some of the bigger areas that already have missionaries, so it could so happen. But if not, it was a great time with him.

Things are going ok though. No one has really accepted us and our fecha fell. We kind of put another one but they have to get married, and there won’t be missionaries for it either. But I am not gonna lie, the lack of success really had gotten to me and I really didn’t know what to do. But President Torres really helped me out. He told us what our job was now in the area, and that is exactly what we are going to do. Raise the voice of warning. We are going to work really hard these last days of the change and do what we can to tell people the truth and try and get the members to step up. So I guess we will see how it all goes!

If you want to know how a conversation goes in Q’eqchi' if you pass someone on the street, it goes 1 of 2 ways. First: “How are you? What is your name? Where are you going? How are you? It’s hot. How are you? What’s your name? It’s dusty.” And then they sit and watch you forever and then they say, "See ya!" That is what happens when we are sitting waiting for a truck to take us up to part of our area. We do contact them but that is all they say. Or there is this one: “HEY MORMON! WHATS YOUR NAME? WHATS YOUR NAME? WHATS YOUR NAME? MORMON!!! MORMON!!! MORMON!!!” And then something is usually thrown in our direction. That is pretty much how life is. It’s rough. But there is nothing we can really do about it but just keep pushing on and going about the work of the Lord.

Well I don’t really know what else to write. But we had a good Zone Conference and interviews up in beautiful Senahú. And that is about all that has happened! I love you all and I hope you have a great week!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong!!
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment