GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, February 14, 2011

It’s a good time for me to learn and work hard

Hello there!
First off, tell Allison Happy late birthday as of 3 days ago!
So nothing has really happened this week. We got back to our area from Cobán late on Wednesday. So we didnt even work until Thursday!!!! But it has been good.

Do you communicate in Spanish with your companion now? Ha of course I only speak in Spanish with him, what else would I speak to him in? German? Haha jk! Yeah he doesn’t really know English since he has had to study Q'eqchi' instead. But then again, he doesn’t know that language either. I mean neither do I, but still. My Spanish has gone down a little bit, but I can still understand everything, so it’s all good. Plus I can study it at BYU when I get back and then I will be able to regain and learn more of it. Well it’s kinda tough since neither of us know Q'eqchi'. I know more so I have pretty much taken over in lessons. I have given him chances to speak and to teach the lessons but it just doesn’t work out very well. So I don’t really know what else to do. But at least it’s a good time for me to learn and work hard at this language! Because who knows, I could be Fast's companion next change and have to help him learn too! So hopefully my Q'eqchi' improves really fast. I have A LOT to learn. But it is coming, slowly, but its coming.

Thanks a lot for my ribbon package!! I wasn’t expecting what was inside at all. But I do really like it a lot Mom! Did you put those scriptures on the back together yourself? It must have taken a lot of time. Thanks so much! No, I still haven’t gotten my red package yet. But I got my toiletries one! Whoo! We are going to the capital next Monday because my comp has cavities so I will leave the stuff I want to send home with Grandma then. It’s a lot, so be prepared....and I will think of what I want. PEANUT BUTTER for sure! But that’s all I can think of for now. THANKS!
Sorry that this is really short but nothing else really happened this week. And I am randomly out of time. So until next week! I love you all and I hope you all have a great Valentines Day and a great week as well.
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment