GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, February 21, 2011

I really enjoy those mountains of Santo Domingo


Hey there peeps!!
I am emailing from the Capital city today, from my old stomping grounds here in Atlantida. Crazy right? My companion had to come for a dentist appointment. We left last night at midnight and welp, I am running on no sleep so I'm sorry if this email is scattered.

We are going to stay with the office elders tonight. It’s gonna be super sweet to be able to see Elder Winkel again. It has been such a long time! It is CRAZY here. Right when I entered into the cap, my nose started burning from the pollution and I’m like all stressed out from all the cars and stuff. My mind is racing all over the place!!! I really enjoy those mountains of Santo Domingo.

Well the language is still winning the fight but I can handle it a little bit. Enough to talk to people finally I guess. But I still have a really hard time understanding people. But my speaking is improving little by little since I am talking most of the time during lessons, so that’s a good thing. Well the Q'eqchi' are definitely one of a kind. I don’t really know how to describe them in words, but they are humble good people for the most part. But we are still working hard. We even have 5 fechas!!!! It’s a cool family. They live a long ways away from the church (like an hour) but we are going to go pick them up this next Sunday so that they will be there in church. Hopefully we will be able to baptize them and that they will stay active.

My companion’s full name is Josue Sandalino Rodriguez. We fall well with each other. (I hope that Spanish term made sense in English).
(Wearing each other's suits)
I have made some really great mission buddies. I can think of 4 whom I am probably closest to. They are.... I would have to say Turek, Fast, Toolson, and Bronson, and Winkel, well and McPhee. So I guess that is more than 4 but what the heck!

Yeah I got my protein powder. Thank you grandma! Hopefully I will get my red package when we go to the office today in a little bit.

That is crazy that Colleen died. I don’t know really what else to say about that. Just, wow...sad.
(This should definitely be on the cover of some fashion magazine, don't you all think?)
The only thing that happened this week that was exciting is that we ran out of gas for our stove. We had to walk to the Tinta with our gas tank all the way down! No trucks came by! It usually takes about 2 hours to walk down, but we made it in 45 minutes! We were flying down the mountain! So that was kinda rough and not too enjoyable, but at least we can cook our food (eggs and beans) now right?!

Well that’s about it for this week! I love you guys and have a fantastical week!
Keep the Faith, Stay Strong
Kawaq lee paab'al, Kawaq eerib'
Love, Elder Jordan Smith
Neke'xinra, Laj Q'anjorin

No comments:

Post a Comment