GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, November 29, 2010

Sweet little voices



WHY HELLO THERE!
Well we always go down to La Tinta to email. It’s like 30 minutes in a truck down a mountain. We meet down here and have district meeting and then do all the P day things.I got my pink package and my scriptures today!!! Woo Hoo!!! Thanks!

This week we have had fun burning little moths and grasshoppers that think they can just fly/hop all up in our business! Ha!

I am so stoked to see Harry Potter when I get home. I’m glad that Nicole got to go with all you guys to see it! Sounds like a blast.

Ok, so here is my Thanksgiving for you. Studied until 11:00 and then we went up to an area called Actela, high up in the mountains. There we ate a can beans and some chips with some juice on the mountain side. Then we worked up there and walked all the way back down at night. And after we had arrived back at the church, we planned, and I ate top ramen (Laky) for dinner. It was Wonderful! Ha we wanted to kill every chicken, pig, turkey, or whatever creature we came across so that we could eat something....But no...It’s all good though. I guess that is just how it is when you live up in a jungle mountain!

Elder Larsen (Laj Kaxlan) is the man. He was in Santo Domingo for 9 months!!! So I hear his name a lot, but yeah I see him quite often. Today in fact. He is a way sweet missionary and just an all around cool guy!

So I wish I could tell you a whole bunch of amazing stories to you all this week, but not too much happened.

Last week we had a Family Home Evening with Rosalina, which was really neat. Afterwards she gave us a little thing of chicken! That’s a big sacrifice for these people. It’s hard enough to give us some beans and a tortilla. Because everything that we eat from these people is grown and harvested by them. They’re amazing! So while we were eating this chicken, I heard little voices in the other room of her small tin house. It was the few kids that live there singing primary songs! Elder Howard had given them a Primary Song Book in Kekchi and they were singing them. There is such a special spirit with that family.

This week, I was also able to finish Jesus the Christ. So that was super cool! That is about it for all of my fun news on this end! I wish I had more.

This week was really tiring though. These mountains are rough! I swear it’s like hauling on a stair master for like 8 hours straight! It's seriously like straight up or straight down a lot of the time! But it’s good! I will hopefully lose some of this gut I have here above my belt buckle.

Dad, dang that sucks so much about the BYU vs. Utah game! I am so sad. But it’s sweet that Heaps is the man! He is going to be so good when I get home! Well at least they were able to hit up a bowl game this year right? Hopefully they win that one and do better next season. If not, well they will be unstoppable when Heaps is a Senior!

I will be watching for that protein powder to get to me. But my diet isn’t too bad in protein, I eat so many beans!!! It's like 7 grams a can! But yeah I could use more of that good stuff!

Thanks for all you do for me Dad. You are definitely one my heroes. And thanks for all the help you give me every week while I am out here. It helps me keep on truckin' out here.

Well I hope you all have another fun week! I love you!

Stay Strong.
Keep the Faith.
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment