GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, November 8, 2010

It would be the most joyous thing to be able to see them go to the temple!

Well Hello!!!
The baptism was amazing! It was done in the river and Lázaro was able to perform them again. I got the opportunity to confirm and give the Holy Ghost to Lety and Toolson was able to do the same with Rosa. Oh their names are Leticia Juarez Najarro and Rosa Maria Juarez Najarro. They are 17 and 11 years old respectively. It would be the most joyous thing to be able to see them go to the temple! It is really hard for people to go down to the Capital from here though. There just isn’t enough money to do it. But I really hope they can. It would be so amazing!!! It costs around 300 quetz a person to go down and Familia Juarez has 11 people in it!! So hopefully they will be able to do it one day.

Thank you so much for those short little spiritual stories from home. I can tell you put a lot of effort into trying to help me the best you can. I really appreciate it and it helped me a lot. Thanks mom.

Dad I love getting all the sports news! I need it or I think I would die out here! No it doesn’t make me feel “trunky.” It’s funny that you say trunky. Pres Torres says that word too. But us younger, hip missionaries say baggy. haha ;) I can’t believe Timpview lost to Springville though. That’s just crazy!

We will try to do those things the best we can to be able to strengthen this branch so that maybe one day it can become a ward. There are 200 families that are members according to the branch member list. So hopefully we can find a lot of them and reactivate them so that it can become really strong. We are already seeing some less actives come to church. It’s great because we need the branch to be stronger to get baptisms. I don’t feel comfortable baptizing anyone right now unless they have gone to church NUMEROUS times. I don’t want to baptize a future less active member ya know? So hopefully we can do it!

Oh, I finished the Old Testament this last week! I have now read all 4 of the books of scripture! I am now going to finish up Jesus the Christ and then start on D&C or the New Testament, I haven’t decided yet. But it’s going to be good.

So about the water problem. . .If you didn’t really understand why our water just stopped....In Guat-land, water comes every week and goes into a big tank that you have to use for that week. I guess it didn’t come or something. It did come back for a day on Thursday or something so I was able to take a quick little shower. Then we talked to our landlord about it and it is now fixed. So I was able to take a shower this morning!! YAY! It feels so nice to be semi clean again!

Oh we also killed another rat this week. I am sending a picture of a rat so you can get the picture of what runs around our house every night. (If interested in this nasty little picture, they have all been added to his slideshow entitled “Sayaxche” on the right side of this blog.)

This last Saturday we had a good little service activity that I felt was a great success. We even got the leaders to plan it!! The thing is that it is really hard for them to do it because in order to have a calling you have to pay your tithing. And not very many people do that so the leaders don’t really have the support necessary from the ward members to get things done. But they did it! And it was really nice. Some investigators came from Elder Godfrey's and Matus' area so that was really neat. We just cleaned up around the church and played games and stuff. It was sweet. The church improvements are fantastic as well.

We have a nice ceiling with good lighting and 4 ceiling fans, and a nice ceramic floor. We still don’t have a microphone but that should be coming since there is a microphone outlet in the wall now. The church is getting better, slowly, but its getting better!

Nothing too much has happened this week. Just doing the Lord’s work! It’s so crazy that this change is already over!! We’ll see what happens with changes I guess. We get those tonight right around 10:30. I really don’t know what’s going to happen! It’s kind of exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Ha don’t really know why. We are always just itching to know where the next part of our lives are going to take place I guess.
I’m sorry that this email is really short but I hope it is sufficient for now! I love you all and hope you have an excellent next week. Thanks for everything!!!!
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Love
Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment