GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, May 3, 2010

I am here for the long run

First, some things I need. . If you can find those same pens that you sent me out with ,will you send them again? Maybe like 5 reds and then whatever of every other color there is with that brand. My red pen is out. So sad. I am using another one but it’s not as good.

Oh if you find any sweet ties, send them. Ha it really doesn’t matter how crazy they are. It is kind of the custom here. So the more awesome the ties the better... pink, purple, whatever!

I really have felt that fast for sure and I have definitely felt your prayers in my life this week. I have had less knee pain than ever before…ever in my life! It has been so great! Thank you so much. I have been happier too. You probably already know that I have had thoughts of seriously coming home after this change. But know that I am here for the long run. I am not going to come home until my time is up. I am determined to stay and serve our Lord and I can’t wait to continue onward in this great work!

Our appt. with Flori went really well on Tuesday and the spirit was really really strong. We told her to read Moroni 7. It is my fav chapter and has so many good things in it. We tried to follow up with her on Friday but she couldn’t, so we are going back on Tuesday. I hope she read and prayed. If not, we are going to read and pray with her for our lesson. We are going to ask her to be baptized too. I hope she accepts. She is really our only investigator right now because everyone has pretty much rejected us. We are with members a lot trying to find people they know that aren’t members. We also teach a lot of the in active members. Yesterday we went to a family’s house. They came with us to church! So happy they came. They live in a completely tin house. It is so sad. But it made me happy that they were willing to come with us to church. They live far away and down this mountain thing with switchbacks so we barely made it in time for sacrament. It was great. I hope we find more people that are willing to accept the gospel into their lives.

I did get both packages....silver and brown. So so sweet!!! Thank you so much!!! I did get that football. I am so excited!! Ha no I haven’t played with it at all really, but I sleep with it at night. Haha!

Zone conference was long. 7 hours. My brain hurt from all the Spanish. I got to see lots of elders from the CCM. It was really good to see them and speak in English to them. haha! No....I don’t really ever talk to elder Winn...

Tell dad good luck for me when he tries out for MoTab! Tell Caleb congrats on his mission call! Oh and also Tanner!!! So sweet!

Are you eating better this week? Kinda, but not really. It’s getting better though for sure. The best food? Hmm….I don’t know, really. It’s all pretty much the same. lol. Chicken, rice, beans, tortillas...but we did have this reallllly gross drink made out of I don’t know what. But I had to gag it down. Almost threw up. Ha it was horrible but I got it down...

No, my bed isn’t comfortable and there are fleas. Haha it’s ok though. It’s a bed. A lot of people here sleep on a whole lot worse.

Jake, that’s way cool about the NFL draft. That really sucks about Harvey Unga. That shows that it can happen to anyone though. Be careful out there.

Thanks so much for fasting for me Jake. It helped so much you don’t even know!!!

Oh and Jake, read Moroni chapter 10 verses 3 to 5 after every time you read. And pray after every time you read. Be ready for the answer. It might not come until you finish reading the whole book, but I promise you that you will receive an answer of its truthfulness. I know it with all of my heart bro. Keep up the great work over there. Love you bud.

I’m not too sure how the calling is going to work though. I think I will call you on Sunday when I have time to talk. Just a few rings....and then call me back cuz it is like 10 quetz a minute or something for me to call you.
Well I love you guys
Keep the faith and have fun!
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment