GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Read the Book of Mormon by yourself and pray about it. Please!

Ok well those were long emails!! Ha!
Well there really isn’t too much to write about this week. But I sent some letters yesterday instead of today. It’s because there is the Holy Week here and the whole country is shut down. I hope that my letters got out in time. Anyways nothing really happened this week and the spiritual things are in the letters I sent out yesterday.

I did get your package mom! Thanks so much! I have already eaten almost all of the snacks. We get hungry here because we have a lot less food here. Oh well. I think I have lost some weight!! I have also been lifting in the gym, with universal weights. I can bench 190 again. Hurray.

My knee kills me here some days. But it’s usually ok, as long as I am not kneeling too much for group prayers. I just stand for those cuz it is too painful to stand back up and also to put pressure on it by kneeling. Praying while kneeling in bed is working out though. So I am still going strong with my personal prayers.

I have almost finished the D&C! I only have 60 pages left but I might not finish it till Sunday because I have to finish looking up scriptures for lesson 4.

That is so cool about everybody’s mission calls! Tell them all congrats!! That stinks for Tanner though. I hope it gets worked out for him soon.

Well I think that is about all for this week unless I think of something in the next 15 minutes.
(Thank goodness he thought of something because we got a second email a few minutes later.)

Well I figured I might as well tell you my schedule. It’s practically the same everyday...

6:30 - I get up
6:30 - 7:00 Gym
7:00 - 8:00 Showers and Breakfast
8:00 - 9:00 Study Time
9:00 - 12:00 Class
12:00 - 12:45 Lunch
1:00 - 5:00 Personal Study, Language Study, and Comp. Study.
5:00 - 5:45 Dinner
6:00 - 9:00 Class
9:00 - 10:30 Plan, get ready for bed, write in journal etc. lights out at 10:30

Just grand huh! Ha ha. We have teaching opportunities and things of that nature during class time. And we usually get some of our study time taken away by some meeting, but it’s all good.

I miss the last group of latinos that we had. I will send home a picture of everyone that was here that the Pres. gave us. I don’t know why but I was a lot closer with a lot of the latinos of the last group than this one. This group will be great missionaries as well though. I am nervous to go out in the field in only 2 short weeks it is crazy!! But I am so excited!! Well I sure hope that you get my letters and the package that I sent will get there soon!! I put plenty of pictures of Christ in it and on it so it should be safe!

I love you all so much and you are always in my prayers!

I want all of you to read the Book of Mormon by yourself and pray about it. Please! I didn’t pray about it until the 2nd week in Provo. And I know without a doubt that it is true and you can come closer to Christ by reading it than any other book. Will you tell everyone in the family to read it again or to read it if they haven’t already?

Well time is up!
I love you all!
Keep the Faith
-Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment