GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, October 24, 2011

The Lord's ministering angels protect His servants at every moment

What’s UP!?!
Crazy that's it's almost been two years since I got my call. The mission is definitely different than I thought it was gonna be back then for sure but it also has changed me in ways that I didn’t think were possible. It truly is amazing.

Zone Conference was sweet! Elder Amado was different than I expected hearing what was said in the other zone conferences. But I really enjoyed it. He gave me a lot to think about and how I really can improve myself as well as my missionary techniques. It was great.

Things are going good here in Carchá. Our investigators that we have are doing great. Selvin practically bore his testimony to his wife last time we were at his house. It was really neat. And our other awesome investigator, David, accepted a fecha for the same day as Selvin. It's going to be sweet! 2 baptisms, then 2 confirmations who will also receive the Priesthood the same day. SO COOL! I am soo excited! Also Noé, a guy that I found in Tucurú who later got baptized is now the branch secretary, super sweet!

There is a crazy story that happened this week. We were walking home after church yesterday. When we were almost there, a car was behind us so we moved over to the side of the road. As we did, he revved the engine and started speeding up right toward us. We couldn’t really do anything about it, there was nowhere for us to go. But right when he was about to hit us, his car just stopped. He didnt yell at us, just looked at us really confused. Then he just re started his car and drove off....I really think that the Lord's ministering angels protect His servants at every moment. I am grateful to always have his protection as I obey the rules and work as hard as I can.

I think the little cars would be good to send for the kids down here for Christmas. And for the girls, they don’t really wear bows, but I guess you could send that and those other things sound like good ideas too. And maybe just some beef jerky. A member asked if we could get that for him. No they don’t really have CD Players, only radios. So the primary CD's wouldn’t work out. But those other things sound great!

Learning languages really does change your mode of thinking and it helps you realize numerous things about words and their actual meaning in certain contexts. Like the word “Atonement”. . . in English we can give a vague definition of what the word means, but in Q'eqchi' it is really self explanatory. Xtojb'al rix li maak, basically means to pay for sins upon one's back. It just really gives extra meaning to the scriptures for me too. I am reading the Book of Mormon again. Sometimes when I have come across some deep passages, I have been able to translate them in my mind or read it in Q'eqchi' and it brings out a whole other meaning that really completes what my lack of understanding was about that specific passage of scripture. It is amazing how the knowledge of languages can do that. I will teach my kids Spanish for sure, and maybe a little Q'eqchi', we will see Ha ha!

Well that is all for this week. Success is coming and it is good to see fruits of your labors, especially since the fruit of my labors have usually come after I am gone from that area. Ha anyways, I hope you all have a great time next week!

Maajaruj b'exkanab' chixb'aanunkil li us… May you all never stop doing good!
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment