GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We are gonna be a great team

Hello there fam!
Well first off, about changes. I am with Elder David Allen Tanner. He is from Layton. He was in my district when I was back in Peten. He hits a year this Thursday so he is just one change behind me and he is super sweet!! So I am training right now pretty much! Just 3 changes ago I was learning this language and now as I am still learning it, I am teaching it! Super crazy! But it is going to be an awesome change with him. I am glad that I got a really good comp or else this 4th change in this area would have been really rough. But we are gonna be a great team and work hard and be able to work well together! I really can’t wait to see what the rest of this change brings for us. I sure hope I am able to do a sufficient job in teaching him and that we will find success together.

Oh and our new district is super sweet! I love all the elders in it! There is only one latino in it, so it might be rough for him since there are 7 of us gringos that are pretty tight together, but it’s going to be a fun time with the district.

So for my companion’s first day here we got mud thrown at us by some punk kids, so that was interesting to say the least. But we get that kind of stuff all the time here so we kind of just have to deal with it. Oh and when we got up here the power was out again, of course. But we are super pilas so we totally fixed it with our mad electrician skills! We fixed it with a knife too! Super legit. Haha! So we were able to have power for a branch baptism that we had. Which was super stressful by the way because President didn't show up, expecting us to do everything without letting us know. So we had to organize it all on the spot and figure out how to be able to have the interview by one of the counselors who we had to go find because they said they weren’t going to be able to come. It was super rough but we were able to pull it off.

Anyways, next, about my eyebrows….I just felt like doing it. I can’t believe you didnt notice it! I did it when I was still with Elder Howard! At least 2 months ago! Ha ha! Plus you know you love it!!

Thats super sick about March Madness! That would be so sick if BYU could make it to the final 4! And especially with the possibility of 2 MWC teams being there. We will get more respect points! Well I guess that doesn't matter too much for football since it's going independent and stuff, but still!!

Yeah I really need durable pants because these ones are so not holding up here. This place will destroy anything of quality. It’s insane. Hey if you send me some watermelon sour patch for some candy, that stuff is super good! I love chocolate but it gets ruined here so the regular candy is best. And if you can find a sweet fat, thick, polyester tie that would be nice too. Sorry I am asking for so many things, but thanks!

My thoughts on prayer are just do it. It’s that simple. There is 2 Ne 32:8-9 and Alma 37:37 and 3 Ne 18. Those are good scriptures for prayer.

Those are super cool stories about the missionaries in Japan. It is not only a tremendous blessing to us, His servants, but it is another little proof of who actually are His called servants.

Today we went to Rio Dulce, it is forever away and that is why I am writing so late. We went to the Zone Leader's house last night and we left at 2 in the morning to spend the day there visiting an old castle and stuff that is there. So that was fun, but now I am super tired from all the traveling. I will send some pics from it next week ok?

I love all you guys and I am always praying for you! Have a great week!
Keep the Faith, Kawaq lee paab'al
Stay Strong, Kawaq eerib'
Love, Nekexinra
Elder Jordan Smith, Laj Q'anjorin

3 comments:

  1. I opened La Tinta in 1979. Spent 6 months there. I think of the Polochic everday.

    The Q'eqchi are a wonderful people. Although the life there is physically demanding, I count my days there as wonderful--perhaps the best so far.

    From your photos, it appears little has changed in all these years....Senahu is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short, fat polyseter ties. The last time I wore one was in the Polochic.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha...I knew it was the eyebrows! However, I probably wouldn't have if I wasn't looking for what had changed. I think it looks great!

    ReplyDelete