GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Stoked for General Conference

Hey THERE!
First off, I didnt forget about your birthday mom I just forget to tell you....I was trying to remind myself to tell you all week and then the day came and I realized I never said happy birthday to you. so.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY you old fart!! Haha... Oh and that’s super sick that you went to a Bon Jovi concert too. You really are in love with him aren’t you!

It is really hard to write letters up here, but I will do what I can but I will definitely need some more envelopes. Sorry for asking for so many things by the way but I found more things I might need. I need more anti itch and some Neosporin. And another sharpie. And if I could get some pics of me before the mish, like football ones and other good ones, and I would like more photos of you guys too! And I need some more DVDs to burn my photos on too! And maybe some face cleanser....THANKS...

This week we actually found a little success. We organized the few investigators we have into lists and are figuring out how to be able to visit them more often and how to help them progress. We even put a fecha! It’s been a long time since that has happened here! However he didnt go to church, we stopped by his house in the morning and he wasn’t there so we will still see what happens with him in the future. But it is going better and we helped the branch figure out how to do home teaching a little bit. I hope that they will fulfill the things that we installed. Now we just need to work on the actual sacrament meeting portion of everything. So we are working hard and maybe we will see some success this change.

It’s been going great so far with Elder Tanner too. Its really hard teaching him Q'eqchi' and I really don’t know how to do it or know the language that well. But he has a great desire to learn the language and it's helping me figure out things to help him with. But we are working great together and the time goes fast working with him.

This week of work was so tiring. I forgot to wear my pedometer, but I am not joking when I say that we most likely hiked 50-60 miles this week! I have been up here for awhile and I was still super tired! So I can only imagine my companion being new up in the mountains and all. It’s getting really hot right now too. It’s starting to be the hottest part of the year and we don’t have fans to cool us down. So it’s really hot at night, hopefully we can figure something out like making fans or something. But that’s about it for the stories this week!

Well I hope you guys are stoked for General Conf. this weekend, cuz I am. We are watching it at Sacsuha, so I really hope I will be able to watch it in English because they will have a Q'eqchi' translation and a Spanish one going on. I hope there will still be enough room for us Americans to enjoy it in our own language as well.
Well I love you guys and pray that you have a great week!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love, Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment