GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, January 31, 2011

My first Q'eqchi Baptism!

Well hello there people!
Well, no change for me! I am staying up in Santo Domingo aka Santil Domiing aka Holy Sunday. It has now been 2 weeks with no water, and about 4 days without power. I have brushed my teeth using sprite the last few days. It’s been rough. Elder Howard does have a change though, so I will be receiving a new companion in these upcoming days. Change conference isn’t until Wednesday, but we are in a pretty remote area, so they let us know what is going on a little early.

However we did have a baptism on Saturday!!! Super awesome! Maria Alicia Coy Chaman.

She is 11 years old. She walks 2 hours every Sunday to make it to church! Super sweet! I was able to do the baptism as well, and yes, I did it in Q'eqchi'.Right when I stepped into the water, I forgot all the words, but right as I began saying her name, my mind was just filled with exactly what I had to say! The Spirit helped me so much and I am very grateful for that! About 100 people came to the baptism as well! It was super cool!! Only 32 people came to church the next day though. Rosalina, Maria Alicia, Lorena, and Letty were able to spend the night at Presidents house so they didn’t have to make so many long trips in 2 days, so that was really good too.

So, finally, we see a little success....Hopefully we can find more, but there are no other investigators at all that are progressing, so we will just continue working hard and try and find some new people...

This week I also went on a division to Teleman, with Elder Larsen's comp, Elder. Vasquez. It was pretty cool! We helped build a house for the first 2 hours in the morning. We put up 2 of the walls, and yes it was made of bamboo sticks that we tied together. Sorry there are no pictures, but the house was finished later that day.

Interviews with President went well. I wore the sick turquoise tie that Nicole regalared (gave) me for Christmas, and everyone complimented it. That’s super sweet about BYU Basketball! I am in love with Jimmer! Ha ha!. He is the man!!

Tell all the new missionaries from the ward good luck from me, and tell mom to not be sick anymore!

I really wish I had more to write about, but I lost the paper that I usually write things on to write home about and I don’t really remember anything!! But it has been a good week. Hopefully my area improves or I might die. Ha ha!
Well I love you all!
Kawaq lee Paab'al (Keep the Faith)
Kawaq Eerib' (Stay Strong)
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment