GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Zone Conference 2010

Elder Smith with a few mission buddies at the recent Coban/Polochic Christmas Zone Conference held Dec 16th.
(Above) Elder Jordan Smith with: Elder Griffin Schone, St. George Utah
Elder Jace Norton, Leawood Kansas
Elder Jared Fadel, Bountiful Utah (both went out into the field on the same day)
With Elder Aaron Howard, Bountiful Utah (Current companions and good friends!)
Hello There!
Ok, well for changes, we already know them....No one in the Zone of Polochic has a change! I don’t know if Santo Domingo will be open for very much longer, but I will be there for at least 2 changes more since I am with Elder Howard again and he will have 6 months in this area after this change. So I guess we will find out! All I know is that I lost 10 pounds this last change!!! So I'm ok with being up here if that keeps happening. Hopefully I can start understanding the language a little bit more; it’s really kicking my butt! I will get it some day though, whether sooner or later, it will come...

The Christmas conference was pretty sweet. The food we ate at the conference and the day before in Coban was AMAZING! It made me sick when we got back up to our area though because I guess the quick change to eating good food was a shock for my body or something. It didn’t last that long though.
Also, right after lunch at the conference Hermana Torres let us use a copy of O Holy Night that she had brought. So right then and there we started busting out a sick acapella group singing it. It was super legit!
And then during the conference our district (pictured above) sung Away in a Manger - trilingual style! In English, Spanish, and Q'eqchi! So that was fun. I had a good time in Coban. Oh and at the end of our P day there we bought some EGG NOG and we totally just drank all of it! It was delicious, if I say so myself!

That is super sweet about BYU. We are going to be so freaking good with all those freshman just ballin it up!! Whoo! Sucks about Collie though. Hopefully he will be back for an amazing season next year. He can probably get some crazy good medical stuff done to help him with those concussions for the next season. Hopefully...

My knee is doing really well actually. I have been really blessed. The Lord just takes the pain away so that I can stomp up these crazy mountains. I am very grateful for it.

I finished D&C for the second since being out here yesterday. Section 138 has a lot more amazing revelations than I had previously thought or known. Anyways, thought I would just let you know. I haven’t really opened any of my Christmas presents, besides the blue package. Believe it or not! So, I will tell you thanks in advance!!

So today for P day we played some ultimate frisbee. Just a few words on that: 1. I can’t catch a frisbee. 2. I am way out of shape. Ha yep that’s it. It was fun to do something fun like that for a change. But that is about all that has happened since last time. We didn’t have a Christmas program for church. We didn’t even sing any Christmas songs for the hymns! Sad! There is going to be an activity on the 24th though since everyone in Latin America celebrates things a day early. But that’s about it.

Well I wish I had more to tell you, but it's only been a few days since I emailed last. So I'm sorry this is short. But hey!!!!! We get to talk on Saturday! Crazy right!? Well I love you all and I wish you a Merry Christmas, a Chaab'il Ralankin and a Feliz Navidad!
Keep the Faith
Stay Strong
Love Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment