GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Monday, August 16, 2010

This week was rough

Hello Everyone!

Well....This week was a tough one...
No baptisms.
José no longer wants to continue learning about the gospel and isn’t getting baptized.
Fam. Molina....yeah, we lost them too.
Heidy....Yep, her too.
Jared is the only investigator we have left. And he found a job, so he is working quite a lot and we hardly ever find him at his house.
This week was rough.

Elder Barrios has definitely been my favorite comp so far out here on the mission. He is fantastic. I don’t really know how to explain it, but he is fun. We are pretty unified. I wouldn’t mind being here for another change with him but I do want to leave Atlantida. It's getting really rough here and I want to see more of Guatemala...Maybe POLOCHIK, now that would be sick. I won't know if I have a change until tonight or tomorrow night, so I guess we shall see right? I hope I get a change....

Oh I finally got your letters that were sent forever ago. THANKS!!!Yeah I got both packages, the purple one with those letters this past week! It made me happy. That Dear John from my Camry was the best ever!! Ah I laughed for so long.

If any of you have ideas to find new people to teach I would really appreciate them. We aren’t getting any good references from the members, no one is opening their doors, and we now lost all of our possibilities. I am about at crying point. I don’t know what happened. But all of our hard work just fell through the floor...

Heidy...She said she just doesn’t have a testimony of Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon so she can’t continue. It was so sad to hear that from someone I have taught for 2 changes now.

José said that he just didn’t feel right if he got baptized again because he was baptized in a different church a long time ago. We tried explaining the importance of priesthood and everything but it didn’t have any effect. We lost him.

Fam. Molina....at first we had no idea why. Then later we finally were able to talk to them and they said they don’t like the idea that the temple is not open for the whole public. We tried explaining the best we could. But they said they were going to search for a different church.

I don’t know what happened in the minds of all of our investigators, but it’s very sad.
HELP!?

Well I’m in Alma 18 or so in my reading. After I finish the Book of Mormon again I am going to read the Old Testament.

Something funny...We were chopping down some long grass and stuff with machetes on Saturday when we got contacted by Jehovah’s Witnesses. It was funny to me.

Today was fun. As our last P-day as a district we had a water balloon fight and then went to Pizza Hut. It was sweet. The Pizza Hut is like a sit down restaurant!!! It was ridiculous with crazy good service. It was amazing. Today so far has been a good day. But what a rough week.

There really is nothing we can do but keep moving forward and knocking on all the doors that remain. We have knocked on soooo many doors. Hopefully we find some new investigators soon!!!

Well I love you all!!!!
Stay Strong
Keep the Faith
Elder Jordan Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment