GUATEMALA CITY NORTH MISSION February 2010 - 2012
STAY STRONG AND KEEP THE FAITH ~ Elder Smith's Motto
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." D&C 121:7-8

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Elders Smith and Winn - together at last!

By Leslie Smith:
This photo is of Elder Smith with his awesome Zone Leader, Elder Jack Winn from Texas. Elder Winn will be done with his mission at the end of September. I've asked Jordan for a picture with him for several weeks. His mom asked Jack for the same picture and a few minutes later, there it was! I'm glad one of our sons obeyed.

Aren't they handsome?

Elder Winn's mom and I have become really good friends through the Missionary Mom group. There is nothing like having someone else to talk to that REALLY understands what it's like to have a missionary.

And not just a missionary, but a missionary in Guatemala.

And not just a missionary, but a missionary in Guatemala, serving in Zone 18!!

Jordan has been blessed so much by Elder Winn's leadership. I too have been blessed from learning from his awesome mom. Love her to pieces!! She has brought many smiles and bouts of laughter to my day. I'll be forever grateful to them both and cherish this photo forever. In a few weeks, we'll be able to take one of US to send to our sons. Can't wait!!

In my detective like scrutiny of every photo I see of my son, I am mostly happy to see that he is smiling, he got a good haircut (some have been a little scary), his teeth look good, he isn't too thin (yet), his one suit is holding up well, but I get a kick out of all the ties that he is always wearing. They are rarely any of the ones I sent out with him (including this one). In this photo he is wearing a backpack, which is also not an original item from home. I think it has an MTV logo on it. What the? He hasn't used his debit card since first arriving in Guatemala, other than for pizza, so he must have some great bartering skills!

2 comments:

  1. So that post so made me cry! Because you are so sweet and because every word of it is how I feel about you and Jordan! Thank you for your kind words and your special friendship. There is nothing like the journey that we are on together that would make stronger more lasting friendship. It almost reminds me of serving together in a war (a good one lol) and sharing a foxhole together. What handsome young men we have too! And yes I think you are right that does look like an MTV logo. lol lol Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE that they met eachother and are serving in the same Zone! How awesome!! Tay served in Zone 18 also...his first area. Both Elder Winn and Elder Smith look so handsome, so happy, and so good with those big smiles on their faces. Thanks for posting the picture! :)

    ReplyDelete